Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life after Ben

It hasn’t been easy but that’s a given. He was larger than life with a personality to match. I have signed on with the Southern Ontario Pyr Rescue and in doing so, told them that we weren’t quite ready.

A Pyr had come into a rescue who looked very much like my Poohbear. It was so tempting that I started an email to them but Don said it's too soon. I see that that Pyr now has an 'adoption pending' so Don is off the hook. I'm feeling better these days but sometimes I just miss the sweet side of Ben. I keep going to rescue sites. I really should stop that but that's easier said than done.

I'm not out as much as when I had Ben. Our neighbours knew Ben wasn't there but just didn't know what happened. I only met my next door neighbour yesterday when walking Trickster and told her. She was so surprised because she had gone over one morning to pet him because he had been barking for attention and Don was otherwise occupied. He was his usual wiggle bum self, loving the attention. That was before we realized how unsafe he could be. I have mostly such good neighbours who are so supportive and such dog lovers.

Whenever our new companion finds us, I’ll start a new blog. Check back here now and again. I have no idea when it will be but cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment