Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bad morning

Rather than wondering if he was going to bark/bare his teeth at me for picking up his leash this morning, I ate, got ready to walk the dogs and then fed them. As Ben was eating, I picked up the leash no problem (could have been a fluke because there are times I can pick it up when he is lying down), waited until he finished and off we went for our walk.

I don't like this. I don't like that Ben does this threatening to me or Don about the leash pick up. I can train him on putting the leash on which I am doing now but that won't do me any good when he doesn't want to go out. It's frustrating. He can be fine sometimes and grouchy other times but we don't know what he'll be at any given time. It's such a simple task yet it's become stressful.

All we can do is go for the leash, regardless, and hope he just threatens but never does anything. If he does bite, the decision is made. He is on borrowed time as of today. In fact, I'd rather just be able to clip the leash on and not leave the leash on all the time. What an idea!

I love him to bits and it's the last thing I would want to do. I will keep working with him and do everything I can to help him.

No comments:

Post a Comment