Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Riding the Wave

Things are coasting along for the moment. It is now two nights in a row that Ben has slept through the night without barking. I am so happy.

He has been fairly quiet on his walks. I catch him looking interested in something, and if I think he may charge, I tell him no and leave the leash loose. So far, so good. Okay, I get the occasional leap so, no, he's far from perfect. But we're getting there!!

This morning, I left the gate unlatched. I watched Ben get up, go over, as if he knew it were open, stick his nose in to open it and upstairs he went. That's where he is spending the morning. I think he thinks he is in paradise so he'll get his way this time. It is my fault for leaving the gate unlatched.

Last night's training was cancelled due to the heat wave. Our resource guarding session won't be until the first of September now.

No comments:

Post a Comment