Sunday, August 9, 2009

Goods days Bad days


Ben did not end Saturday night at the cottage well. We went to take them out for their bed time walk. Don reached over to pet Ben's head and Ben went for his hand. Don pulled his hand away in time. Ben did not want that leash picked up. I got the broom out again.

Sunday was another story. I worked on him with the muzzle and all went well. I groomed him for 10 minutes with it on, working on his chest. He does not like this and I've had to stop all the time before. He growled and barked but couldn't touch me. He did this three times and then stopped and he was quiet and seemed to enjoy it. We then went for a long walk down the cottage road. I can put the saddle bags on with no problem. I put weights in them and off we went. He was so good. Cars went by on the narrow lane. We pulled off into the grass a bit. I kept telling him what a good boy he was (I had run out of treats) and he was. He gave a small attempt to leap once but I had a short leash on him and insisted he was a good boy. It is so true that when the leash is tight, this aggravates the situation but when loose, he will all of a sudden stop when there is no tension.

He loves the dock and barrels down there with us. We will be vacationing there for a week. He'll be a very happy boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment