Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Coming Clean

I don't even want to report this because we have been so careful. However, Saturday evening we were all heading out to see the sunset. Don was in the boat with Trickster, I was busy putting a treat on the seat to help convince Ben the boat is fun. Unfortunately, Don's niece (she is an adult) reached down to pick up his leash. I wasn't aware that she was doing this. I just thought she was untying the boat. Because Ben did not want to get in the boat, he barked and growled at her. Don got the leash and got things under control but I was pretty upset. I was angry at Ben. I didn't talk to him for a day and half. It really hit home that some things may not be fixed.

Being upset does not fix the situation. There is a reason I have Lynn to help and she has said he has to wear a muzzle all the time. She has the expertise and I do not. I have learned the hard way and he will wear the muzzle in other's company. I really want to get one that fits him better. He tries to get it off when walking. Working with the muzzle company has been a slow and arduous process. They take 2-3 days to get back to me each time I have questions and then they don't answer all the questions.

Euthanasia came back up again but then, it has never really left.

Sunday, I walked him with weighted saddle bags and he was a good boy. And muzzle training, of course. I think the muzzle is going well now. It still takes a few treats before he'll let me strap it on. I think he plays me so he'll get more treats. It's also been so hot that he just drips drool, poor guy. I've been working to put it on, groom or walk him, take it off, put it back on etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment