Thursday, September 10, 2009

And the Beat Goes On

I haven’t been working with Ben besides the everyday behaviour because he picked up some bug; probably from the stagnant water on our hikes last weekend. The poor guy. He’s feeling better but last Monday night/Tuesday morning was bad. I was up all night/morning with him. He's going to be okay.

Ben has been really a good boy with training and everyday life that I may soon have nothing to write except what a good boy is he.

He needs to get out with more dogs again. We went to Bruce Pitt in the beginning (I don’t much like it there because its a zoo) and there were never any issues with other dogs. In fact, he ran loose there and he was great. That will be next Saturday morning. I’ll see if our Pyr friends can join us.

I’m feeling so good about Ben that I think I’ll go all out and get him a nice leather leash. Dare I?

2 comments:

  1. Donna,

    I am not sure if I am mentioned Clomicalm before. It is a drug for anxiety, seperation anxiety, etc. My old dog Kira was on this drug for 8 years. My sisters' dog was also on it. He didn't have seperation anxiety like Kira, but got very agressive over "things that were unexpected" such as dripping coffee pots. You might want to ask your vet about it; we got the meat-flavoured pills so she took them like treats. It made a huge difference. He might be more mellow on those. For us, they were a life saver; she was nuts without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maryanne.

    I think Ben is okay now. He has really settled and seems to enjoy life and hence, so do we. I know Lynn had talked about putting him on something but I think we're okay, for now. However, if the problem with nail clipping and tail grooming persist, I will sure consider the pills.

    ReplyDelete