Friday, September 4, 2009

It’s a Warmer Day for Ben

Ben got my extremely cold shoulder yesterday. After yesterday morning’s fiasco, I was extremely upset to say the least. My mind was heading to the same place it always does in these situations. I couldn’t even look at Ben when I got home. It wasn’t until I was upstairs reading and Ben was barking his ‘I want a hug’ bark that I finally conceded and went downstairs to pet him.

There is a dog somewhere in the neighbourhood that is also being trained. It appears its problem is other dogs. They purposely walk by our house on our side of the street. Never on the other side. It saw Trickster and started screaming and yelping like it was being repeatedly kicked. This set Ben off for the night and Don feels that it carried through to the morning. That may very well be but it's still not acceptable.

This morning was a new start. I am now going to work on actually putting the leash on so that eventually he won’t always have to wear the leash. Instead, I can go over and put his leash on when I want to take him out. I will still have to work on picking the leash up for other situations but this is a new tact I’m hoping will work as well as the collar training and muzzle work did.

No comments:

Post a Comment